- macOS 10.13 or higher
Install Foxit PhantomPDF Mac
Double-click the executable file you downloaded, and then follow the step-by-step instructions in the Installation Wizard to install Foxit PhantomPDF Mac on your computer.
Choose one of the following options to uninstall Foxit PhantomPDF Mac:
- Open the Finder window > click on Applications in the sidebar > then right-click the Foxit PhantomPDF Mac icon > select Move to Trash;
- Drag and drop the Foxit PhantomPDF Mac icon to the trash can icon located in the dock;
- Open the Launchpad, and then drag and drop the Foxit PhantomPDF Mac icon into the trash can from that window.
You can choose one of the following options to update Foxit PhantomPDF Mac:
- Choose Help in the Ribbon > Check for Updates to check and update Foxit PhantomPDF Mac to the latest version.
- Choose File in the Ribbon (or Foxit PhantomPDF in the menu bar) > Preferences > Updater, and check the Automatically check for updates (Recommended) option to update Foxit PhantomPDF Mac automatically whenever a newer version is available.
Foxit PhantomPDF Mac provides two licensing models: perpetual licensing with one-time purchase and subscription licensing based on month or year.
To purchase Foxit PhantomPDF Mac, please do one of the following:
- Order online: go to Foxit website to order directly: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/shopping.
- Email: write an e-mail to the Foxit sales department at email@example.com with your order information.
- In Foxit PhantomPDF Mac, choose Help > Subscribe to purchase a subscription license. Users who purchase a subscription license can click Help > Manage to manage the subscription.
- In Foxit PhantomPDF Mac, click the Shopping Cart icon or choose Help > Purchase Now to purchase a perpetual license from Foxit online store.
Tip: Internet connection and Foxit account signed-in are required to use the full features for subscribed users.
- Choose Help in the Ribbon > Activation.
- If you have purchased subscription licensing, click Sign In in the Foxit PhantomPDF Activation dialog box to sign in your Foxit Account. After successfully signed in, Foxit PhantomPDF Mac will be activated automatically.
- If you have purchased a perpetual license, input the registration code in the Perpetual License box, and click Activate. Restart the application for the changes to take effect.
Foxit has integrated the collective commands in the ribbon interface and created a new way of working, namely Ribbon Mode. In this mode, commands are arranged by groups and tasks.
- Apple Menu bar: Displays the standard menus of Foxit PhantomPDF Mac to help you quickly get started with the application.
- Quick Access Toolbar: Shows the basic commands, such as Open, Save, Print, Undo, and Redo.
- Ribbon tabs and Commands: Shows the major tabs of Foxit PhantomPDF Mac, and categorizes the commands by groups according to the function under each ribbon tab. You can double-click on a tab name to collapse or expand the tab. When a tab is collapsed, click on the tab name to show and hide its commands.
- Tab bar: Display multiple PDF files in tabs. You can also click the Start tab to check Tool Wizard & Video Tutorials, or open PDF files in the Recent file list or from a local disk.
- Navigation Panel: Display Bookmarks panel, Pages panel, Attachments panel, Comments panel, and more, to help you work with the PDF file easily.
- Document Pane: Display the currently opened PDF file.
- Status bar: Shows the status information about the currently opened document.
You can easily search and find a command by the name or description of a command.
- Click the Help menu.
- Type the name or description of a command that you want to find in the Search box.
- Foxit PhantomPDF Mac will display a list of matching commands from which you can select and activate the desired feature.