1. Log on the server as a Domain Administrator and create a shared network folder.
2. Download the requisite installer file and save it into the shared folder.
There are two types of installer: ISO and EXE. The ISO installer contains both MSI and EXE packages. Un-compress the ISO to obtain the MSI. If have the EXE installer, follow the step 3 to extract the MSI package.
3. Expanding an EXE package. This step will extract a setup.msi package and Transforms folder that contains language MST files. To expand the EXE package, at the command line, run:
<path><Product Name >.exe /extract
In my example, I was expanding “FoxitPhantomPDF725_Business_L10N.exe” to a Localization folder.
This figure shows the result extraction.
4. Copy the Transforms folder and Setup.msi file to the shared network folder.
5. Optional: Perform an administration installation and install the source files in the shared folder via msiexec /a Setup.msi TARGETDIR="<shared network folder path>". If you don’t need the AIP in your real world, just ignore it.
6. Optional: Generate a transform MST file via Customization Wizard and save it to the shared folder. You can include a license file, a customized XML file and other basic install options to the MST file.
7. Deploy the software.
1) On the Server, go to Start > Administration Tools > Group Policy Management, right-click a created GPO and choose Edit.
2) On the pop-up Group Policy Editor, choose Computer Configuration > Policy > Software Settings, right click Software Installation, and choose New | Package to choose a requisite MSI package in the shared folder. If you were deploying to users, you would choose the User side (User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installation) within the GPO.
3) In the Deploy Software dialog box,
· If you don’t plan to apply transforms or other advanced settings, choose Assigned > OK.
· If you plan to apply transforms or other advanced settings, choose Advanced > OK.
4) Optional. On the pop-up Properties dialog, choose the General tab, input a name (product name + version number) for the package. This name will appear in the Add/Remove programs list in the client system.
5) Optional. Switch to the Deployment tab, check the options of Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management and Install this application at logon and then click OK.
6) Optional. Switch to the Modification tab. Add any transform MST files you have generated.
Tip: Once the properties dialog box is closed, it is not allowed to add any modification transform files again.
7) Optional. Switch to the Deployment tab, click the Advanced button, check the option Ignore language when deploying this package, if you are installing an application whose language differs from the language of the operating system, select OK to apply the change.
8) Choose OK. The new added package is now available in the Installation list. Use the command “gpupdate” to refresh the group policy. Users under a GPO policy will get the latest update after a computer restart.