Description: Went to install Foxit IFilter plugin via the "Check for Update" option in Help Menu, without success. The file downloads without any problem, but its installation gets stuck midway through and just hangs there indefinitely.
Cause: This issue was caused when registering iFilter to the main program in the process of installing.
Workaround: This problem will be fixed in the future maintenance version 8.0.2. Here is a workaround for the time being:
1. Exit running Foxit PhantomPDF.
2. Click here to download a package that contains two dedicated DLL files.
3. Decompress the above package into to a folder to get two DLL files "phc.dll"and "phc64.dll"
4. Place the above two DLL files into 'C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins' to replace the existing files.
5. Launch PhantomPDF, try to Check for Updates under Help menu to download and install iFilter again.
1. Remove the current existing PhantomPDF by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2. Click here to download and install an appropriate full package installer file.
3. After installation, use the original license code to activate the program.